Midwest Winds is a proud partner of the Kansas City, Kansas Community College.
Link to KCKCC map:
The Performing Arts Center is building A6.
Midwest Winds is a civic wind ensemble dedicated to enhancing the musical arts in the community at large and educating young musicians about instrumental musicianship. The group was founded in 2002 by Pam Kelly, Heather Pickett and Jodie Lin and consists of musicians performing high quality wind ensemble and band literature in the Kansas City metropolitan area. The ensemble performs four distinct concerts per season that appeal to diverse audiences and include literature challenging the musicianship of our performers.
Midwest Winds contribute to the local musical community by:
• Performing joint concerts with other civic ensembles and educational musical groups in the metropolitan Kansas City area and throughout the Midwest region; and
• Co-sponsoring or contributing to musical scholarships for students through related musical organizations, such as for performance or new musical compositions.
Future contributions to the local musical community may include:
• Co-sponsoring or conducting clinics to assist and guide young musicians in developing and mastering their musical skills, such as through one-on-one mentoring and demonstrations of technique and musicianship;
• Sponsoring or conducting competitions for young musicians to encourage them to excel in the mastery and performance of the musical arts and to provide them the opportunity to observe and encourage the same from their musical peers; and
• Commissioning and performing new music.
Midwest Winds was honored to perform in the President’s Concert at the Kansas Music Educators Association Convention in Wichita, Kansas in 2006 and performed again at the convention in 2009 and 2014.